Saturday, December 31, 2011
Goodbye 2011! Hello 2012?
Of course I will not end this year without writing anything. This would be more of like a summary of my year and plans for 2012…. Wait, I actually hate planning because it never pushes through and it just gets me frustrated. I’ll just call it things that I hope I can do in 2012 .. looking back, I had a long 2011.. 2 freakin’ jobs in 1 year (almost 3) which is not so me.. I stayed in Startek for 4 months which felt like 1 whole year and 8 months in TeleTech which felt like 3 months. I stared my year bad, getting into something that I was not happy about and people doubting my skills which made me doubt as well. Well, at least I was able to prove myself and got the respect I needed which of course gave me confidence again to face a new challenge. I never regret the decision because I met a lot of cool people and was part of another team that I can say loved, respected and trusted me naman. It was one hell of an experience and I can say I learned a lot and grew as an individual… I then transferred to TeleTech to fulfill a lifelong dream… when I first joined recruitment and learned about GTAS, I told myself… I wanna do that! Years passed and I forgot about it… March 2011, someone told me that there is an opening in GTAS and was asked if I want to apply.. (initially I was offered another post but did not push through) of course I said yes because of a lot of reasons. Stated with them May 2011…. At first it was difficult, made me want to give up, felt kinda stupid at times because I think I didn’t know what I was doing and maybe it was not for me.. my skills might be just for recruitment ops.. there was a time that I really wanted to give up. Few months after, things got better and I was kinda getting used to it… 6 months after something unexpected happened… I found out that my boss just resigned and I’ll be working with bunch of HR people and there’s no one to help and protect me. I honestly felt so hopeless at that time.. just when things are getting better, things started to fall apart. It was one hell of a roller coaster ride… tried doing it for 2 months alone and I finally came into a decision that I can’t do it anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I never had problems with my teammates.. infact I super adore them for being so nice and always making me feel that I belong.. but working alone most of the time just made it feel unworthy and not that important at times. I need to feel that adrenaline rush and I need to love my job again. I never regret any decision that I made because I learned. I believe that even if we make mistakes or make poor decisions in life, what it really important is we learn from it and be a better person. Now, its that last day of 2011 and yes I have resigned already. Whatever happens in 2012, I made my decision and I am really going.. wherever I go I will try to make things work this time. I’m already tired of doing different things I now I really want to settle and just go in one direction. Honestly I still don’t know what’s in store for me next year but whatever it is I hope it gets better. might start the year right or maybe not.. I still don’t know.. Welcoming 2012 blindfolded. well.. honestly, I’m not that worried nowabout my career for next year, maybe I got tired already because for the past years I was so focused with my work and my career that I forgot other things that are far more important, more worried about my family..we had a great 2011 as a family, I hope it will be the same for the rest of our year because I think what we’ve gone through that past few years was something that we will always remember for the rest of our lives… I was so difficult that I think there’s nothing that can top that experience.. Thank you lord for keeping us strong! Cheers to an awesome 2012! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment